Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mental Disease

Fundamentalism is definitely a mental disease. Like that guy who went off and wrote the 50 page post on the occamsrazor site, mental! Whenever we simply take something as is, because we feel it or someone has told us so, we are truly closing our minds to the inability to find truth. If I were to tell you that my head is actually the head of a cow, or something absurd like that, and everyone did everything they could to show me and prove to me logically and scientifically, and I stubbornly said, "No, I know that it is true and there is nothing you can say to prove it to me", we would all agree that I have a mental disease (well, maybe "I" wouldn't, but I would). Likewise, when someone turns into a Fundamentalist and believes everything literally and acts illogically because of those beliefs, we agree that they have a mental disease.

Sadly, there are many fundamentalist who do many irrational things like kill doctors at abortion clinics even though the very sacred scripture that they read says "Thou shalt not kill". And sadly there are other fundamentalist who bomb buildings and public places to send a message that the enemy is bad and evil, but they do not see the evil in bombing innocent people, even people who sometimes share their same convictions. These are mental diseases which block the normal, rational and logical process the brain should process information and facts in order to come to a correct conclusion.

1 comment:

Rev. Donald Spitz said...

Sadly there are many Christ rejectors like you who believe in murdering helpless pre-born babies. You seem to imply there is something wrong if a babykilling abortion mill is burned or bomb. What do you prefer, dead babies or a pile of bricks? Innocent unborn babies deserve to be protected just as born children deserve to be protected. You would have no problem protecting born children if they were about to be murdered.

SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.