Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Eckankar

I found it fascinating how David Lane has so easily researched and found such astonishing plagiarisms of great quantity and the fraudulent activity. What was kind of funny was how such a “truthful” religion could steep to such low grounds and do things like break into someone’s house to steal the research done on them. But then this only shows the truths that they wished to hide from the public eye. What I am not so sure about is the fact that David Lane did not publish the worst of the evidence he found. I think that on it is a responsible action to reveal to the public all that a “religion” hides and allow the public to know the truth. I would like to know why he would not do so. When we hear that the truth is being withheld we automatically begin to wonder why? Why would someone not want to bring to light the helpful truths for the public to be able to know all there is to know about a falsity, being the Eckankar religion.

As I ponder why one would do so, I also understand the respect the researcher has for persons. He has shown more than enough for the public to understand the falseness in the originality of the Eckankar documents and creeds, but it seems he is not out to make the public hate the founders of such religion. From this point of view I find it very respectful and humane on the part of David Lane. But I also think that justice should be done and they should be revealed for who they are and what they do.

No comments: